Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, also known as MKG, is a professional American basketball player who has played in the NBA for the last eight years. MKG first gained national attention in high school as a McDonald’s All-American and was also named Mr. Basketball USA. He went on to play college basketball for the University of Kentucky where he won the 2012 NCAA Division Men’s Basketball Tournament. MKG was selected as the second overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft by the Charlotte Bobcats. For the last eight years he has played with the Charlotte Bobcats/Hornets and in February 2020, joined the Dallas Mavericks.
As a person who stutters, Michael has also devoted much of his significant humanitarian efforts to becoming an advocate and ambassador for children who stutter, which led him to the SAY community. In 2018, MKG visited Camp SAY, our life-changing summer camp for young people who stutter, and he hosted Camp SAY Across the USA: Charlotte twice last year. In February 2020, Michael attended the University of Houston as a guest speaker in the Department of Communication Disorders where he spoke to the graduate students studying to become Speech-Language Pathologists in an effort to provide insight on their critical role in developing trusted relationships with their patients who stutter.
We are thrilled to honor Michael with this well-deserved SAY: Hero Award for his fervent efforts to make a difference in the lives of people who stutter.
“I’m grateful to be the recipient of the SAY: Hero Award for a cause that’s very important to me. Building trust and confidence in kids who stutter can change their lives, and Camp SAY is making a positive difference.”
• VIP pre-show cocktail party tickets for 12 guests
• 12 VIP tickets for the performance
• VIP table for 12 at the Dinner Reception, plus personal Concierge
• Acknowledgment on website, press release & select event signage
• Acknowledgment by Host during Performance and by Founder during reception
• Full Page ad & special recognition in Gala program
• VIP pre-show cocktail party tickets for 10 guests
• 10 premier tickets for the performance
• Premier table for 10 at the Dinner Reception, with acknowledgment by Founder during reception
• Half Page ad & special recognition in the Gala program
• 10 prime tickets for the performance
• Prime table for 10 at the Dinner Reception
• Quarter Page ad & special recognition in the Gala program
• 10 preferred tickets for the performance
• Preferred table for 10 at the Dinner Reception
• Special recognition in the Gala program
• 1 prime ticket for performance and Dinner Reception
• Special recognition in the Gala program
• 1 preferred ticket for performance & Dinner Reception
• Reserved seating for the Performance only
(Please note that performance-only tickets do not provide access to the Rosenthal Pavilion Dinner Reception)
Full Page: $5,000
Half Page: $2,500
Quarter Page: $1,000
*Artwork and payment for ads must be received by August 21, 2020.
Jane Alexander, Riki Alexander, Marrah & Lee Balan, Lackland H. Bloom III, Everett Bradley, Angelina Bruno-Metzger & John Gaut, Corey Caporale, Jacie & Arnie Civins, Shelley Cohn & Bennett Schmidt, Mr. Al Comeau & Dr. Beth Comeau, Kerry & Noah Cornman, Alice Deutsch, Frank DiLella, Brenda Edwards, Will Edwards, Rachel Glube & David Friedman, Richard Gervase & Stuart Delery, Sunny & Brad Goldberg, Dan Greenwald, Tobey Grumet, Iliana Guibert, Brandon Guidry, Barry Gurland, Lisa Hertz-Apkon, Richard Hester & Michael Mastro, Julianne Hoffenberg, Paul Johansen, Marie & Fred Kaplowitz, Silvia Martinez & Charles Helme, Jennifer & Seth McGuire, Danielle & Steven Mirsky, Erin Moeller, Kim & Chad Morganlander, Patricia Mulvey & Michael Cornman, Keira Naughton, Agnes & Brian Nolan, Kelli O’Hara & Greg Naughton, Claudia & Mark Negron, Angela, Macrae & Andrew Olson, Leigh Pennebaker & Taro Alexander, Cliff Perlman, Alexandra Pizzo & A.J. Melaragno. Barbara & Alan Polinsky, Kate Popovich & Peter Gargiulo, Alysia Reiner & David Alan Basche, Lili & Judah Rosenberg, Phil Schneider, Shachar & Jason Scott, Yona & Steven Serota, Liz Tuccillo, Marc Vetri, Justin Waller & Michael Stehlik, Susan Ziskin & Daniel Ginsberg.